Saturday, August 20, 2005

Fog

Here's the thing - the less I drink, the worse I feel it the day after I actually do. I'm not really talking "hangovers", those are dependant of set variables, of course (what was consumed, how much, drinking water before going to bed, etc.)...I mean my brain. I've always noticed my brain-scramble days neatly coincided with drinking, and more than one of my little episodes have been partly induced, I think, by alcohol. And of course, being "off" at the moment, I may be rambling a little too openly about my personal stuff, but whatever. I tend to get into what I can only describe as a scramble. Like I'm walking around with a little fog inside my head. Can't really think straight. Hard to hold a conversation or do too much of anything outside of my own head. Hard to explain, I guess. I've been told by a couple, um, Doctors, that it's connected to the whole depression/anxiety thing...I guess you could say that's the case, but not really, because it's been a while since I've had to deal with all that. Anxiety is still there, I guess, but not like before. It's just a brain chemistry thing. And alcohol does not play well with my chemistry. Especially tequila :P

But yeah, drinking is becoming less and less something I look forward to, and not as enjoyable even when I do go out. Hrmph.

Am I getting old? Fuck.





I get the brain scramble too, but without the alcohol. It could be a general depression/anxiety thing. Mine is triggered by stress, the more stress the more scrambled it is. Since Alcohol is a depressant prehaps it is amplafying the problem.

I've been old since I was young, so don't worry about that.
- Blogger Ziese52  



I drink one glass of wine or one bottle of beer a few times a week to induce sleep. Otherwise, if I'm going to hit it hard, I make sure I'm in a really fun situation to stimulate all senses and not "think," which tends to lead to fog. "Don't ask her a on a straight tequila night! She'll start thinking about him, and she's ready to fight - blames her broken heart on every man in sight on a straight tequila night." - Anonymous Anonymous  

Post a Comment

This site has been viewed times since 4/21/2006