Friday, October 20, 2006
Oops
Ugh, I know. I've been horrible with updating lately. It's just how it is, eother I have nothing to post about, or if I do I'm too lazy to do it. But thanks for checking up with me anyway. A few really quick thoughts for this Friday...
- Tiggers/Cards in the Series, huh? I just may have to watch a game or two of that one. Especially if it gets to a deciding game in Detroit's favor. That'd be sweet.
- Okay, you know how there's some football games that have no special meaning going in, you don't really have a favorite or hated team in them, but you watch them and then immediately know you just saw a game you're going to be remembering and talking about for the rest of your life? Live the Bills comeback playoff game back in, what, the late 80s...or the "music city miracle" game...or the Jets comeback on MNF that went until like 1am (it seemed)? Yeah, that was last Monday's Bears/Cardinals game. How do you commit 6 turnovers (not as a team, as a single Player! Silly Rex...) and still win the game? How many people turned off the TV when the Cards D-lineman ran that pick back for what seemed to be the sealing touchdown, only to have it reviewed and found his knee was down? Anyone else just KNOW that the punt was going to be returned for a TD? That game was rediculous. Ask Sara...she was trying to nap and I think I woke her up a half a dozen times...the last of which when Denny Green FLIPPED OUT on the mic in the press conference. I love it.
- Speaking of the NFL...anyone else notice how much coverage that stadium "dirty bomb" hoax got, dispite the FBI "claiming" the threat was unsubstantiated? Yeah...nice, huh?
- Is there any end to the scandals the Repubs are going to break out with this October? I swear, they are TRYING to lose congress.
- That said, how heartbreaking would it be if they don't?
- Bush said recently that he would "stay the course", even if the war got so unpopular that his wife and his dog were his only remaining supporters. Have you seen the polls? We may be getting there.
- Only in America could a Congressman talk dirty online to pages, get help covering it up from GOP leadership, resign in disgrace, then claim it's all the fault of booze and a priest that gave him a backrub in the 1960s, and the story on the news is focusing on is the role of the Catholic Church, and if Democrats timed the scandal to help their election causes. Um, hi. This is reality. Have we met?
- And hello...are we really already past the half-way point to Trivia? What the heck? How is it almost November?
- Tiggers/Cards in the Series, huh? I just may have to watch a game or two of that one. Especially if it gets to a deciding game in Detroit's favor. That'd be sweet.
- Okay, you know how there's some football games that have no special meaning going in, you don't really have a favorite or hated team in them, but you watch them and then immediately know you just saw a game you're going to be remembering and talking about for the rest of your life? Live the Bills comeback playoff game back in, what, the late 80s...or the "music city miracle" game...or the Jets comeback on MNF that went until like 1am (it seemed)? Yeah, that was last Monday's Bears/Cardinals game. How do you commit 6 turnovers (not as a team, as a single Player! Silly Rex...) and still win the game? How many people turned off the TV when the Cards D-lineman ran that pick back for what seemed to be the sealing touchdown, only to have it reviewed and found his knee was down? Anyone else just KNOW that the punt was going to be returned for a TD? That game was rediculous. Ask Sara...she was trying to nap and I think I woke her up a half a dozen times...the last of which when Denny Green FLIPPED OUT on the mic in the press conference. I love it.
- Speaking of the NFL...anyone else notice how much coverage that stadium "dirty bomb" hoax got, dispite the FBI "claiming" the threat was unsubstantiated? Yeah...nice, huh?
- Is there any end to the scandals the Repubs are going to break out with this October? I swear, they are TRYING to lose congress.
- That said, how heartbreaking would it be if they don't?
- Bush said recently that he would "stay the course", even if the war got so unpopular that his wife and his dog were his only remaining supporters. Have you seen the polls? We may be getting there.
- Only in America could a Congressman talk dirty online to pages, get help covering it up from GOP leadership, resign in disgrace, then claim it's all the fault of booze and a priest that gave him a backrub in the 1960s, and the story on the news is focusing on is the role of the Catholic Church, and if Democrats timed the scandal to help their election causes. Um, hi. This is reality. Have we met?
- And hello...are we really already past the half-way point to Trivia? What the heck? How is it almost November?
YEAH TRIVIA! I've been looking at the pictures of the past Trivia and I'm hoping that it goes as well as it did last year (or better) with little to no drama. It always seems to put the teams morale higher and also the score:) Really hoping you can make it! -
Post a Comment

